Education Advisory Committee meets March 3 at Capitol
What an amazing visit with my Education Advisory Committee March 3 at the Capitol!
The members of this Committee represent all levels of education in the 37th Senate District, and provide me with valuable insight into the issues facing our teachers, administrators and students.
The Committee’s meeting also allowed the members to speak with Dr. Jennifer Kirmes and Amanda Elliott from the Illinois State Board of Education, Zach Messersmith from the Illinois Association of School Boards, and Senate legislative analyst Nicole Besse.
Pictured here with Senator Weaver and his District Outreach Coordinator Kris McClelland are (seated, from left to right):
- Bryant Kemp, full-time student, Western Governors University
- Angie Zarvell, Regional Superintendent, Bureau, Henry, Stark Regional Office of Education #28
- Jodi Scott, Regional Superintendent, Henderson, Knox, Mercer, Warren Regional Office of Education #33
- Lori Loving, Assistant Regional Superintendent, Henderson, Knox, Mercer, Warren Regional Office of Education #33
- Kristen Strom, Knox College, Coordinator of Teacher Education
- Jeff Ekena, Regional Superintendent, Mason, Tazewell, Woodford Regional Office of Education #53
- Nick Sutton, Superintendent, Stark County CUSD #100
- J.D. Orwig, Principal, Jefferson Elementary School, Princeton Elementary District #115